Home Forums Template Support Frontend editing -cannot see different between published and unpublished article

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• hasani
    Subscriber

I am using JL-Venture II as my Joomla 3.8.13 template.

I like the template very much. The only problem that I have is when I login as editor or publisher at the frontend, I cannot differentiate between a published and an unpublished articles.
    Normally, on other templates, we can differentiate these two articles with the color of the background of or color of title of the article.

Is there anyway that I can do that?

Regards

Hasani Hassan

Tony

Hi Hasani,
    Could you please give me a screenshot the issue to take a look ? If possible please provide the image compare to default Joomla template too.
    Thank you

hasani
    Subscriber

Hi Tony

This is my page (without login):
    Frontpage - Not login

And this if I login as editor, publisher or superuser:
    Login As Admin or editor or publisher

As you can see, there is an article titled English For Everyday life November 2018
    This article is not yet published and as editor, publisher or super user, I cannot tell that this article is not yet published.

If I user ProStart template, I can see the differences (There is the words: Unpublished under the title of the article)
    ProStar Template

Or, if I use Beez3 template, the article’s box itself is colored differently from other published boxes.
    Beez3 template

Any workaround?

Thanks again
    Hasani

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by hasani. Reason: edit the picture link

Tony

I will check the issue in local and let you know the result soon.
    Thanks

Tony

Hi Hasani,
    I checked and here the result https://imgur.com/a/B5cfMs4
    You can see the icon(eye) changed if post is unpublished. I couldn’t find the eye icon in your blog layout. Is it possible to login as editor to see your layout blog ? You can submit a private ticket then provide the administrator account for me.

hasani
    Subscriber

Thanks Tony,

My mistake, there is an icon (eye) for the unpublished post but it is so small we hardly see it.
    I will play around with the css file to change the color of the icon so I can see the differences with just a glance.

Thank you very much Tony for your help.

Tony

Glad to hear that, please let me know if you have any questions.

hasani
    Subscriber

Hi Tony,
    I know this is an old thread but my boss insist to have a better way to differentiate between the published and the unpublished articles.

I tried to workaround but it seems i am not good enough with coding. Is it possible to change the box color of the articles that is unpublished in editing mode )Like Bezz3 template)or change the unpublished icon (eye icon) to UNPUBLISHED word in contrast in color (like ProStar template) so that we can see them easily?

Tony

Hi hasani,
    For warp 7 framework, You can do the customization blog/article layout to make the article status look like default joomla template.
    Example copy whole code for blog
    joomla-root/components/com_content/views/category/tmpl/blog_item.php
    then replace to
    joomla-root/templates/jl_venture_ii_pro/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

Next joomla/components/com_content/views/article/tmpl/default.php
    replace to
    jl_venture_ii_pro/html/com_content/article/default.php

You need to style the css code for the article meta like published date, author, category

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JoomLead Gantry5 Particles 2.2.10 released, new features, bug fixes and more Learn more
Flash Sale. Get Up to 25% Off - Coupon: FLASH25 Shop Now