Home Forums Particles Support Suggestion – Joomla Accordion – Open and Close every tab using the +/-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• dml311071
    Subscriber

Hi Tony,

I think that the behaviour of this Particle has evolved over time and it operates in a designed manner.

However, it is no longer possible to select the Open/Close state using the ‘+/-‘ svg at the end of the title bar. I can only close the current Accordion Tab by opening another and this makes it look like a bug!

Is it possible to reinstate the open/close behaviour as per the symbol? So that all items can be closed?

The reason I ask is that on Mobile in particular the idea is to save Screen Space. I am currently using the Particle here https://comfitsweets.co.uk/shop/sweets/foam

I think you can see what I mean. Currently I have to use an ‘artificially’ added Accordion tab above the one I want to Open/Close to offer more info on a Store Product and the +/- symbols don’t really achieve the action needed.

Alternatively, perhaps a separate Particle that Shows/Hides a Single Article or just Content for this kind of information?

Regards

David

A
    Subscriber

Have you tried adjusting the particle options:
    -Allow multiple open items
    -Allow all items to be closed
    If you don’t allow all items to be closed then the – will not close the item.

Tony

“Is it possible to reinstate the open/close behaviour as per the symbol? So that all items can be closed?”
    Its possible, refer to the Uikit doc https://getuikit.com/docs/accordion#component-options
    Option toggle is assigned to > .uk-accordion-title by default, you can create custom css class for icon <div class="open-close">icon here</div> then adjust code for the accordion behavior liketoggle: > .open-close

dml311071
    Subscriber

Hi A,

Yes the Particle is set to ‘Allow all items to be Closed’ but this suggests that even a single Accordion Tab will toggle open/close via the +/- operator. However, this is not the case. At least two must be present for this to work. Any single Tab will by start open and remain open.

Ok Tony, thanks. I shall give that a try

Regards
    David

dml311071
    Subscriber

Hi Tony

I must have misunderstood something!

Ok, now I have set ‘Items to be Closed’ to unchecked and it works as I wanted.

🙂

David

Tony

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JoomLead Gantry5 Particles 2.2.10 released, new features, bug fixes and more Learn more
Flash Sale. Get Up to 25% Off - Coupon: FLASH25 Shop Now