Home Forums Particles Support Content Grid Particle – does not link to related Article

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• dml311071
    Subscriber

Hi,

Joomla 3.9.12
    PHP 7.2
    Helium Variation
    JL Particles

I have installed the Hydrogen Installer Package demo site on XAMPP to follow the examples of the many particles and cannot figure out the following problems

I am constructing my own (Helium based) hosted site in Gantry 5 (after working with T3 and the Helix systems) and learning more each day. But, I cannot seem to link the Content Grid Particle articles to open a proper Article Page.

The Content Grid displays and the Articles ‘read more’ versions show just fine. Each of the parameters makes sense and the Article Category link is in place in the particles settings. However, clicking the links in the Grid don’t open the associated Articles page. Instead the link is suffixed with an ItemID in the form …/article/[category]/[article ID]-[article name]?Itemid=xxx (in this case all 6 of my articles links xxx=104).
    Itemid=104 is the Home Page, so each link in Content Grid just opens the Home Page again.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? I have created a menu link to an article just to make sure that I hadn’t made a Joomla booboo by not adding a menu link to the associated article.

Regards
    David

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by dml311071. Reason: added details
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by dml311071.

Tony

Hi David,
    Its seems the problem related to your layout config instead the particle.

Please check your layout and make sure the pagecontent position is added.

Example: https://imgur.com/xJdXW2E

You said that you are using Helium template, after installing Helium, the template created few layouts (home, default, left/right sidebar, etc) and using Home as default layout for Joomla site. However, the Home layout didn’t include the page content position, this layout used for Home page only, you can set the Default layout (already included pagecontent position) as default layout to solve the issue.

dml311071
    Subscriber

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the pointers. I will continue with the Helium theme for this project as it helps me learn some of the deeper levels of Gantry. In fact I had Page Content set up on my default page layout. I’m sure I’ll figure it out using tips from your previous post. But, I was surprised to see that Page Content does not support HTML layout, even basic p and ul, li tags!
    So, my only option was to use the Joomla Articles particle, now I suspect that Content Grid cannot link without some work in the lower level code.

I m trying to create a lightweight fast site as a basis for future sites based on Gantry that uses the edit features of the Joomla’s articles. I don’t want clients to have to edit particles. Instead it is important that the end user can edit mainly articles.

I’ll check with Hydrogen too in case it is just my mistake.

Regards

David

dml311071
    Subscriber

Hi Tony,

FIXED! It seems that the problem was in the plugin settings for TinyMCE. Joomla Administrator>Extensions>Plugins>TinyMCE then Entity Encoding changed from ‘raw’ to ‘named’

Links now work from Content Grid and HTML tags from the Tiny MCE Editor work fine.

Regards

David

Tony

Glad your problem is resolved David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JoomLead Gantry5 Particles 2.2.10 released, new features, bug fixes and more Learn more
Flash Sale. Get Up to 25% Off - Coupon: FLASH25 Shop Now