Home Forums Template Support How to install particles in grav?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Gymnae
    Subscriber

I just purchased the pack and looked at the available documentation, which is targeting joomla or wp. Unlike other particles, these ones bring js and other auxiliary files with them, thus I’d like to know how to install them for grav.

Specifically I’m using a child-theme of a gantry 5 theme, but maybe this doesn’t really matter to the process of installing particles.

Tony

Hi Gymnaee,
    For Grav, Just create a custom folder at user/theme/theme_name/custom then copy particles file to custom folder.

Gymnae
    Subscriber

Hi Tony,
    thanks for the answer, so installing of your particles, including js/css subfolders is by copying them into named subfolders of /custom?
    This deviates from the gantry 5 manual: http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/copying-particles#3ebf863d742

Tony

Hi Gymnae,
    You can follow Gantry5 documentation for particle install without problem 🙂

Creating a custom folder then add the particle here is better. Why? See http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/file-overrides

When creating custom files, you should always keep these files in your custom directory. If you place overridden files or edit existing ones outside of this directory path, you run the risk of losing these customizations when the Gantry-powered theme, or the Gantry framework, is updated.

And this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/moving-between-themes

The Custom folder is the basic concept of Gantry 5 where everything that gets stored after a user interaction: custom settings, custom layouts, and custom CSS all goes in that folder.

Gymnae
    Subscriber

Thanks tony, then I put all particles I need in /custom. 🙂
    Do I need to still activate the jscript frameworks per page like described in the grav manual?

If I’m at it, may I ask a related questions – coming from the reason I purchased the particle pack:

1. Can I tell the portfolio1 or portfolio2 particle to look for images in certain places instead of manually adding items?
    2. Do your particles adhere to scrset or the other grav features to create smaller versions of images automatically?
    3. Can I adjust the css of particles to have css clases, giving me the option to decide whether they show a link, a lightbox link or both?

Tony

“Do I need to still activate the jscript frameworks per page like described in the grav manual?”
    Yes, you can do it without problem.
    “1. Can I tell the portfolio1 or portfolio2 particle to look for images in certain places instead of manually adding items?”
    At the moment, the portfolio does not support this feature, we will consider about this case in future update.

“2. Do your particles adhere to scrset or the other grav features to create smaller versions of images automatically?”
    Do you mean the portfolio resize imgs automatically?

“3. Can I adjust the css of particles to have css clases, giving me the option to decide whether they show a link, a lightbox link or both?”
    Yes you can, simply open particle_name.twig.html then modify the classes. By default, the particle portfolio already added different classes for link or lightbox, could you please be more detail which class you wish to change?

Gymnae
    Subscriber

2. Yes – more specifically, does the particle work with the routines already present in grav to generate thumbnails and pictures of required sizes, for example retina versions if the source file is “big” enough
    3. I’d like to achieve two things:
    3.1 use the alternative lightbox photoswipe, which i installed as a plugin to grav
    3.2 use the portfolio for linking to albums and for the pictures in the albums. in the first case, no lightbox should open or even be linked to. in the second case, only the lightbox.

Tony

2. We will take a look about this case and implement the feature for portfolio if possible.

3. Do you mean, creating a custom link field for portfolio items. If a custom link field is empty, portfolio item will open with lightbox popup, otherwise portfolio item will open custom album link?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

80+ templates updated for Joomla 5.1.1 and JoomLead particles 2.3.0 Download
Flash Sale. Get Up to 25% Off - Coupon: FLASH25 Shop Now