Epic – Documentation
IntroductionThis document covers the installation and use of this template and often reveals answers to common problems and issues – we encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you need an in-depth guide on how to use the template. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to ask via ticket support system: Ticket System To get access to the ticket system, create an account on this page: Create an Account
Template Over ViewDefault Style
Getting StartedWhen you purchase our Joomla! template, you’ll then be taken to the Downloads page. Click on the “template” file name to download or you can check back anytime by going to Purchase History page. After downloading our product you’ll find the following files/folders within:
Joomla! Template Packages
- The stand-alone Joomla! template installation package.
- A quick-launch Joomla! 3.x installation package that contains all the sample data, images and most extensions to replicate the live demo.
InstallationThis section covers how to install the template. There are two ways in which you can install the template:
- Using Quickstart Package(recommended for new website install)
- A demo package is a full Joomla installation package, which includes the template and sample data responsible for the layout and setup of our demo. This is great, if you don’t want to start from scratch or just to have a peek at how everything is put together.
- Single template installation package
- Installing the template/theme in an existing Joomla site.
Joomla 3 Quickstart Install Requirements: Learn How to install Joomla Quickstart PackageBefore starting with the install it’s important that you ensure that your hosting covers the minimum requirements for Joomla! 3.x(We highly recommend SiteGround to host your Joomla! site), as the quickstart package for JoomLead templates/themes will always include the latest compatible version of the CMS:
The Quickstart Package consist of a full installation of Joomla! that installs Joomla itself, the template, the extensions, the demo content and the database data to match our demo layout. Have in mind that as this is a full Joomla! installation it may only be used on a clean server; the package cannot be installed in an existing Joomla installation. It can only be used when you start a new project/website.
- Upload the
[template]_quickstart.zipto your server using your preferred FTP software and unpack the contents to your server. A good FTP that we use is Filezilla. In most cases you will unpack it under the public_html folder, www root folder (windows hosting) or the root folder of your server.
- Access your site on the browser e.g
http://www.mysite.comand this should direct you to the installation prompt of your Joomla! installation.
- Follow the Joomla! installation prompts as you would a normal Joomla! installation. In this step, we assume that you have some very basic Joomla! experience.
- Once the installation is complete, delete the installation folder and your site should look exactly like the demo version.
Single template method – for existing Joomla! installation.
If you have an existing Joomla! installation, these are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your Joomla! backend e.g.
http://www.mysite.com/administratorand navigate to the Extension Manager.
- On the Install section, click on ‘browse’ on the Package File field and locate and select your
[template].ziptemplate package file. Click on
‘Upload & Install‘. Once the template has installed successfully you will get a success notification.
- Navigate to Extensions > Template Manager and you should see the installed template on the list. To activate your template, click on the default column of the template (second column) to make it the default site template.
- You can further customize the look and feel of the template by selecting the template link to access the admin panel of the template.
TypographyIn template demo we used Google Font named: OpenSans and Raleway for whole main typography. Please check the screenshot below for more details
PresetsEpic supported 04 preset colors styles by default, you can change the color via template settings -> tab Preset
LayoutThe following screen-shot highlights the default layout module positions that we used in current template. By using Layout builder in Helix3 users will be able to move positions or change their size. Our in-build layout builder from template settings provide the opportunity to add new positions, columns, rows wherever you need as much as moving elements.
Sticky Menu and Boxed LayoutSticky Header : Enable to get the header content area to stay visible at the top of the screen as you scroll through that content. Header tend to contain navigation and this may improve UX of website. Favicon : Upload a 16px x 16px .png or .gif image that will be your favicon. You can enabled sticky menu feature and boxed layout by following the screenshot bellow
Change LogoThe Logo feature controls the output of the template’s main logo. You can set the logo type as Image or text type. You can also set the logo width and height. If you select logo tyle as Image, click the Select button to upload your logo:
Menu SettingsMega Menu is an easy to use menu tool for creating beautiful, customized menus for your site, also with modules inside. That also boosts SEO and user engagement. Here in template settings you have access to 4 options only, more advanced settings are “hidden” in Menu Manager inside each menu item – so please check also there.
Select MenuIt allows you to choose menu from available in your system. If you’re planning to build multilingual site in Joomla 3.4 – you have to create clone of current template for each addcional language and choose here a Main Menu for each of them.
Menu TypeBy default there are enabled two separate menus: Mega Menu and Off Canvas Menu. You can use both or only of of them – as you want or need.
Dropdown WidthDropdown Menu Width value would be to set it to the width of your submenu size content area. By default 240px.
Dropdown AnimationMegaMenu offer four transition options for your dropdown submenus:
- Fade (default)
- Fade in Up
- No Animation
Helix3 MegaMenu GeneratorHelix3 has a built-in mega menu that can be enabled in the main menu. One of new and unique features of Helix3 is new MegaMenu Generator. It can be used after first saving of menu item or in current menu items. But first check what you have it inside before that clicking.
- Dropdown Position – allows you choose align (left/right) dropdown position.
- Show Menu Title – allows you to hide menu item title, this may be useful when you want to show only icon instead full title like for Home position.
- Menu Icon – the use of icons beside menu items is a fantastic alternative that favors a quick visual option identification; and even the use of icons without text to accompany is viable. You can use font icons based on Font Awesome v4.3, it means that you have big collection of 519 icons to choose from.
- Custom CSS Class – allows you to add Custom CSS Class(es) to this menu item.
Adding module into menuOnce Menu item is saved you can check this tab again. You should notice a new advanced Helix MegaMenu Options. From here, you can select a module and drop inside this menu item as a submenu.
Menu Layout ManagementYou can choose column layout, which allows you to set menu items in selected positions. To get this feature use “Manage Layout” option (blue button).
Two and Three Columns SubMenuBuilding a two or three columns SubMenu is quite easy process – all starts from Menu Manager, where you have to add all those sub menu items. Here is example structure to get 3 columns menu for Home.
Layout Manager SettingsLayout Manager allowing you to build flexible and beautiful layout based on module positions. Layout Builder is one of the unique features of Helix3 which allows anyone to customize the existing template in any shape without having any programming language! In the layout builder we used 6 columns. Those 6 columns covered the whole width of our layout. If you want to create 4 columns then have to use wider blocks for every column.
- Make Component Area – Enable this option to make this column as a Component area. If you already selected component area for another column then unselect that one first then select this one. Joomla message section will also be loaded inside this column. Only one column in whole layout can be used for showing component (!).
- Module Position – Select any suitable module position from the list. Do not set one module position to multiple position. Each such have unique name.
- Hide on Mobile/Tablet/Desktop – Allows you to choose where this block should be displayed and where shouldn’t be. For example some module position can be displayed only on deskop/laptops computer but not on smartphones nor tablets.
- Custom CSS Class – If you wish to style particular content element differently, then use this field to add a class name and then refer to it in your css file.