IntroductionThis document covers the installation and use of this template and often reveals answers to common problems and issues – we encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you need an in-depth guide on how to use the template. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to ask via ticket support system: Ticket System To get access to the ticket system, create an account on this page: Create an Account
RedChili: More Details | Live Demo
Template Over ViewRedChili Red Style RedChili Green Style RedChili Orange Style RedChili Grey Style About Page Menu Page Contact Page Kunena
Getting StartedWhen you purchase our Joomla! template, you’ll then be taken to the Downloads page. Click on the “template” file name to download or you can check back anytime by going to Purchase History page. After downloading our product you’ll find the following files/folders within:
Joomla! Template Packages
- The stand-alone Joomla! template installation package.
- A quick-launch Joomla! 3.x installation package that contains all the sample data, images and most extensions to replicate the live demo.
InstallationThis section covers how to install the template. There are two ways in which you can install the template:
- Using Quickstart Package(recommended for new website install)
- A demo package is a full Joomla installation package, which includes the template and sample data responsible for the layout and setup of our demo. This is great, if you don’t want to start from scratch or just to have a peek at how everything is put together.
- Single template installation package
- Installing the template/theme in an existing Joomla site.
Joomla 3 Quickstart Install Requirements: Learn How to install Joomla Quickstart PackageBefore starting with the install it’s important that you ensure that your hosting covers the minimum requirements for Joomla! 3.x(We highly recommend SiteGround to host your Joomla! site), as the quickstart package for JoomLead templates/themes will always include the latest compatible version of the CMS:
- Upload the
[template]_quickstart.zipto your server using your preferred FTP software and unpack the contents to your server. A good FTP that we use is Filezilla. In most cases you will unpack it under the public_html folder, www root folder (windows hosting) or the root folder of your server.
- Access your site on the browser e.g
http://www.mysite.comand this should direct you to the installation prompt of your Joomla! installation.
- Follow the Joomla! installation prompts as you would a normal Joomla! installation. In this step, we assume that you have some very basic Joomla! experience.
- Once the installation is complete, delete the installation folder and your site should look exactly like the demo version.
Single template method – for existing Joomla! installation.
If you have an existing Joomla! installation, these are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your Joomla! backend e.g.
http://www.mysite.com/administratorand navigate to the Extension Manager.
- On the Install section, click on ‘browse’ on the Package File field and locate and select your
[template].ziptemplate package file. Click on
‘Upload & Install‘. Once the template has installed successfully you will get a success notification.
- Navigate to Extensions > Template Manager and you should see the installed template on the list. To activate your template, click on the default column of the template (second column) to make it the default site template.
- You can further customize the look and feel of the template by selecting the template link to access the admin panel of the template.
NOTE – Clear Quix Caches for quickstart package using Quix Page Builder: After installing the quickstart package, access Joomla administrator -> Quix -> Pages -> Click “Clear Cache” button to delete the page caches for Quix. To void the issue blank page after restoring the quickstart for new domain you should clear the cache for Quix 🙂
We are using Quix Page Builder to build the pages for joomla template. You can find documentation for Quix page builder here: https://www.themexpert.com/docs/quix
Editing Home page
Log in Joomla Administrator -> Quix -> Pages
Select Home article to edit the home content
Add any type of content to your page with Quix’s large collection of builder elements. You can even load any Joomla modules without leaving the builder. Whatever you are trying to build, the Quix Builder has an element that can help make your dream a reality.
There are three main building blocks: Sections, Rows, and Elements. Using these things in unison allows you to create a countless amount of page layouts. The basic hierarchy of these elements is as follows:
Sections are used to create the top-level areas on your website. Sections are made up of rows and columns. See more about rows and elements below.
Rows sit inside of Sections, and you can place any number of rows in a section. You can add any number of columns in a row and resize the column size. Once you define a Row and created column structure, you can then place elements into the column. There is no limit to the number of elements you can put in a column.
Elements are the main visual block that makes up your website. Every element that Quix has can fit into any column width, and they are all full responsive in nature.
New button on Quix list pages, you will be, presented with the main Quix Builder interface.
Title – You must provide a title for your page. You cannot save the page unless you provide any page title.
Save – You can save the page by clicking save button, or you can use Quix keyboard shortcuts to save the page.
Close – Close the page and get back to the list page.
Preview – This button will only visible when you save the page. By clicking this button, a new browser tab will open with the preview of this page.
Menu – By clicking menu button, you will see 3 options:
Save To Collection – At any time you can save a layout that you have built to your Quix Collection to be used at a later time. This option is great for using a layout on another page, section of a page, or even another website built with Quix. Collection provide shortcode that can use inside 3pd component as well. For more information about using the Quix Collection, be sure to check out our detailed tutorial on the subject.
Load From Collection – You can also load a layout that you have saved in the past. Quix comes with a lots of pre-made layout, could be a great choice when you first building a website with Quix.
Export/Import – Quix portability system allow you to export your layout and import them to another website built with Quix. Theme developer could ship many page layout with their themes with Quix export option.
Every time you add a section you will need to define its properties. By clicking the section setting icon at the top right corner you will be taken to the Section Settings.
Container Mode – Container ensure proper alignment and padding of grid system.
- Stretch With Container- Section stretched to browser width and add container(fixed-width) class.
- Stretch Without Container- Section stretched to browser width and container(full-width) class.
- Add Container – Add container(fixed-width) class into the section.
- No Container – No container class added.
Background Image – If defined, this image will be used as the background for this Section. To remove a background image, simply delete the URL from the settings field.
- Image Repeat – The background-repeat property sets if/how a background image will be repeated.
- Image Position – The background-position property sets the starting position of a background image.
- Image Size – The background-size property specifies the size of the background images.
Background Color – If you would simply like to use a solid or transparent color background for your section, use the color picker to define a background color.
Parallax Effect – Enabling this option will give your background images a fixed position as you scroll. Keep in mind that when this setting is enabled, your images will scale to the browser height.
Custom Padding – Adjust padding to specific values, or leave blank to use the default padding.
Label – Help you to indentify your section in backend. Give a meaningful label so you can understand later.
Id – An automatic ID already assigned for the section. An ID can be used to create custom CSS styling, or to create links to particular sections of your page.
Class – Enter optional CSS classes to be used for this module. A CSS class can be used to create custom CSS styling. You can add multiple classes, separated with a space.
Adding Row and Adjusting Column
After saving your section settings you will need to define column structure for row. You can add as many row with different column structure in a section. By clicking ‘Add Columns’ you will be able to choose from a selection of row types.
Rows also have lots of options that you can use to customize their appearance and alter the structure of the layout. You can change row type anytime by click
Change Layout icon bottom right of the row.
Columns are based on 12 grid system and you can adjust column grid by dragging the column divider icon.
TypographyIn template demo we used Google Font named: Roboto, Montserrat for whole main typography. Please check the screenshot below for more details
PresetsRedChili supported 04 preset colors styles by default, you can change the color via template settings -> tab Preset
LayoutThe following screen-shot highlights the default layout module positions that we used in current template. By using Layout builder in Helix3 users will be able to move positions or change their size. Our in-build layout builder from template settings provide the opportunity to add new positions, columns, rows wherever you need as much as moving elements.
Sticky Menu and Boxed LayoutSticky Header : Enable to get the header content area to stay visible at the top of the screen as you scroll through that content. Header tend to contain navigation and this may improve UX of website. Favicon : Upload a 16px x 16px .png or .gif image that will be your favicon. You can enabled sticky menu feature and boxed layout by following the screenshot bellow
Change LogoThe Logo feature controls the output of the template’s main logo. You can set the logo type as Image or text type. You can also set the logo width and height. If you select logo tyle as Image, click the Select button to upload your logo: This logo will be shown in mobile view instead of default logo. Leave blank if you do not want to show different logo for mobile devices. You can also specify the logo text and logo slogan, if you select logo type as Text:
Menu SettingsMega Menu is an easy to use menu tool for creating beautiful, customized menus for your site, also with modules inside. That also boosts SEO and user engagement. Here in template settings you have access to 4 options only, more advanced settings are “hidden” in Menu Manager inside each menu item – so please check also there.
Select MenuIt allows you to choose menu from available in your system. If you’re planning to build multilingual site in Joomla 3.4 – you have to create clone of current template for each addcional language and choose here a Main Menu for each of them.
Menu TypeBy default there are enabled two separate menus: Mega Menu and Off Canvas Menu. You can use both or only of of them – as you want or need. Off Canvas is indeed a external menu module – so if you want to use this area you have to create a menu module, set it properly. Remember to choose “offcanvas” module position for them. What is more important in this sidebar menu you can also publish not only menu modules but also for example Search module, it also have to had a “offcanvas” position chosen in Module Manager.
Dropdown WidthDropdown Menu Width value would be to set it to the width of your submenu size content area. By default 240px.
Dropdown AnimationMegaMenu offer four transition options for your dropdown submenus:
- Fade (default)
- Fade in Up
- No Animation
Helix3 MegaMenu GeneratorHelix3 has a built-in mega menu that can be enabled in the main menu. One of new and unique features of Helix3 is new MegaMenu Generator. It can be used after first saving of menu item or in current menu items. But first check what you have it inside before that clicking.
- Dropdown Position – allows you choose align (left/right) dropdown position.
- Show Menu Title – allows you to hide menu item title, this may be useful when you want to show only icon instead full title like for Home position.
- Menu Icon – the use of icons beside menu items is a fantastic alternative that favors a quick visual option identification; and even the use of icons without text to accompany is viable. You can use font icons based on Font Awesome v4.3, it means that you have big collection of 519 icons to choose from.
- Custom CSS Class – allows you to add Custom CSS Class(es) to this menu item.
Adding module into menuOnce Menu item is saved you can check this tab again. You should notice a new advanced Helix MegaMenu Options. From here, you can select a module and drop inside this menu item as a submenu. You can use module from list of published in Module Manager. It means that if you want to add a new one into menu, it must be listed there as a published, position name is not required to work.
Menu Layout ManagementYou can choose column layout, which allows you to set menu items in selected positions. To get this feature use “Manage Layout” option (blue button). Using: Left, Center, Right and Full buttons you can control appearance of dropdown submenu.
Two and Three Columns SubMenuBuilding a two or three columns SubMenu is quite easy process – all starts from Menu Manager, where you have to add all those sub menu items. Here is example structure to get 3 columns menu for Home. Of course we suggest to use your own menu items types for real items like Single Article or chosen Component view. And Text Separator is great for showing titles of menu sections. Remember that in Helix MegaMenu Options you have to refresh appearance of menu structure to get final result – like in following example. And the final result might be similar to following example
Layout Manager SettingsLayout Manager allowing you to build flexible and beautiful layout based on module positions. Layout Builder is one of the unique features of Helix3 which allows anyone to customize the existing template in any shape without having any programming language! In the layout builder we used 6 columns. Those 6 columns covered the whole width of our layout. If you want to create 4 columns then have to use wider blocks for every column. Using Layout Manager is easy to master, learn. Following icons legend should help you understand which icons are responsible for what feature/setting. We suggest to make a copy of current layout to keep it for later in case if you would delete all rows and you forget how they were placed at the beginning. Each layout which you create can be saved and used later for example in template copy.
- Make Component Area – Enable this option to make this column as a Component area. If you already selected component area for another column then unselect that one first then select this one. Joomla message section will also be loaded inside this column. Only one column in whole layout can be used for showing component (!).
- Module Position – Select any suitable module position from the list. Do not set one module position to multiple position. Each such have unique name.
- Hide on Mobile/Tablet/Desktop – Allows you to choose where this block should be displayed and where shouldn’t be. For example some module position can be displayed only on deskop/laptops computer but not on smartphones nor tablets.
- Custom CSS Class – If you wish to style particular content element differently, then use this field to add a class name and then refer to it in your css file.